Mar 10, 2016

Swinger's Palace

Posted by: Naaman

The Ultimate Tiki shack, built in 1972, until recently survived tax liens, murder for hire plots, a long-term incarceration of its owner, vandals and condemnation. That's all over now. 


1.
Swinger's Palace

2.
Swinger's Palace

3.
Swinger's Palace

4.
Swinger's Palace

5.
Swinger's Palace

6.
Swinger's Palace

7.
Swinger's Palace

8.
Swinger's Palace

9.
Swinger's Palace

10.
Swinger's Palace

11.
Swinger's Palace

12.
Swinger's Palace

13.
Swinger's Palace

14.
Swinger's Palace

15. Portrait of Lelandro
_MG_2782

16.
Swinger's Palace

17. Photo Credit:  Lelandro
Swinger's Palace



14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, where is this place located exactly. I'm actually visiting Alabama from California this weekend and I'd love to visit here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm headed there in August. Nathaniel I'd love to hear what kind of BHM places you've found, if not this one then other places in the area...

      Delete
    2. It's in Chattanooga, Tenn. Not in Alabama.

      Delete
  3. Hey, where is this place located exactly. I'm actually visiting Alabama from California this weekend and I'd love to visit here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not in Birmingham nor the state for that matter ;)

      Delete
    2. Its a lie this is in chart. Tn the guy who says he lived in Al and heard about the place in birm.Al is a flat out liar don't believe mouth ing he says he is a fake

      Delete
  4. Can you tell me more history of this place? Or perhaps past owners names and scandals? Very interested...love your work...forever grateful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I thought I had been in a lot of buildings in Bham. Never seen anything like this.. I do carpets for a living and it takes me to a lot of unusual places. I don't know how I missed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! My Mom's friend owned this. My Mom decorated this place for Christmas many times. Very sad at how run down it is. The most recent owner has passed away. This is in Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... what a place. 😳 Great pictures! I’d love to be an Urban Explorer too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to go see this place for myself. Where exactly is it located at please?

    ReplyDelete