Mar 23, 2014

Redding Mine No. 10 - Wenonah

Posted by: Naaman

In 1880, Redding Mine, otherwise known as No. 10 in the Wenonah Mining Camp, was opened to allow TCI to haul iron ore out of Red Mountain.

Most of the year the structures are not even visible to the naked eye thanks to the kudzu. However, in the depths of winter, everything dies and turns a nice shade of greyish brown, revealing giant concrete buildings that once housed  operations at Wenonah. 

1.
Redding Mine - Wenonah

2.
Redding Mine - Wenonah

3.
Redding Mine - Wenonah

4.
Redding Mine - Wenonah

5.
Redding Mine - Wenonah

6.
Redding Mine - Wenonah

7.
Redding Mine - Wenonah

8.
Redding Mine - Wenonah

9.
Redding Mine - Wenonah

10.
Redding Mine - Wenonah

11.


Redding Mine - Wenonah

12.
Redding Mine - Wenonah

13.
Redding Mine - Wenonah

14.
Redding Mine - Wenonah

15.
Redding Mine - Wenonah

16.
Redding Mine - Wenonah

17.
Redding Mine - Wenonah

Feb 18, 2014

Ruffner No. 2

Posted by: Naaman 

Ruffner No. 2 mine operated from 1886 - 1953, then it was sealed shut.

It was upgraded and improved periodically throughout its creation. 
The most recent renovation appears to have been a magnificent cave-in.

1.
032_HDR

2. Video

3.
Ruffner No. 2 Crusher

4.
Ruffner No. 2 Mine Slope

5.
Reflections - Old Mine Cart Tracks

6.
Rusted Mining Cart

7.
Ruffner No. 2 Crusher

8.
Ruffner No. 2

9.
Ruffner Mine Slope

10.
Mine Facade

11.
Ruffner No. 2 Crusher

12.
Ruffner No. 2

13.
Ruffner No. 2 Mine Slope

14.
Ruffner No. 2 Mine Slope