Jan 5, 2013

Muscoda Mines

Posted by: Naaman 
 Opened in 1881, Muscoda became the largest of the Tennessee Coal and Iron mine operations. 
 The Muscoda facilities supplied iron ore and limestone to the TCI Open-Hearth furnaces located at the Ensley Furnaces Works until 1961. 

 1.
  Muscoda Bath House 
 2.
  Foamite for Oil Fires 
 3.
   Gagues
4.
  Muscoda No. 4 Mine Shaft Entrance - 1888 
 5.
  Muscoda 
 6.
  Muscoda 
 7.
  Muscoda 
 8.
  Muscoda Basement
9.
  Muscoda 
 10.
  Muscoda 
 11.
  Muscoda 
 12.
  Muscoda 
 13. Photo Credit: Eli JosephMuscoda Face Opening 
 14.
  Muscoda Brick Smokestack 
 15.
  Muscoda
 
 16.
  Muscoda 
 17.
  Muscoda 
 18.
  Muscoda
 19.
  Muscoda #4 Engine House  
 20.
  Muscoda 
 21.
  Muscoda 
 22.
  Muscoda 
 23.
  Muscoda 
 24.
  Muscoda 
 25.
  Muscoda 
 26.
  Muscoda 
 
27.
  Dreamgirl Packaging 
 28. 
Muscoda 
 29.
  Muscoda
30.
  Muscoda

29 comments:

  1. Nice. I was wondering if you got shots in that tunnel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the crushers gunning and the steam whistle abd the miners walking to work with there lunch buckets .

    i also remember when the crushers quit and the steam whistle stopped

    my dad said that times would get hard and they did

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey do you think those places are Haunted? they sure do look like it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Cool thanks for the Answer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is this located?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muscoda Alabama right next to Richards and Sons.

      Delete
  6. My grandfather Tyler Hooper worked in thosr old mines, who is now deceased. It has done me a lot of good to see those photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to talk to you about your grandfathers history please

      Delete
  7. My grandfather Carson Riley worked there. I still live in the house he purchased from the company on Muscoda Hill. Thank you so much for these shots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am an owner I would like to talk about your family history on my property thank you sincerely Cody

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My grandmother used to speak of living at Number 4 Raimund. I assume this was Muscoda. Bessemer Hall of History says there was no Number 4 Raimund.
    Any photos of the old Hopewell School?

    ReplyDelete
  10. How frequently do you find squatters, or signs thereof, in these abandoned places? Just curious, not looking to get anyone in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was under the assumption that the whole McBride family owned the mines not just one person

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Stevepam26@hotmail.com it has new owners now also you can message me on Facebook at Pamela Nix McBride

      Delete
  13. Great photos! Looking for a picture of the Muscoda Hospital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand why the administrator keeps removing posts. I have found every single place he thinks he has hidden.

      Delete