Posted by: Naaman
In 1901 W. R Boshell began work on this stone mill dam, designed to power his mill operations through the use of water turbines. The new sawmill began production in October of 1902, followed by the addition of a gristmill in 1903. Production continued until 1963. The gristmill was destroyed by fire in 1976, and the sawmill fell to the same fate in 1986. Both buildings were constructed with large cylindrical beams, board and batten siding and sheet metal roofing. The supporting piers, made of sandstone quarried on the site, still sand.
Very little remains of this structure...